Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sites I Love: Justinguitar.com

How's that for a good title for this series, Sites I Love? It works.

This would be installment #2 for Sites I Love (last month was "Beyond The Music," in case you forgot). This month I want to plug an amazing guitar resource called justinguitar.com.

The site is run by an English gentleman by the name of Justin Sandercoe, an excellent musician and songwriter. I found the site through youtube, I happened to be searching for a video on how to play a song and stumbled across one of his videos.

His website is the most in depth resource of online (and free!) guitar lessons I've ever seen. Lessons ranging from beginner guitar to advanced. Blues, jazz, and rock lessons. Information about guitar gear, tutorials on how to play your favorite songs and sound just like the recording, it's awesome!

The site is super easy to navigate. There's a navigation bar on the left side of the page with everything you need. One of my favorites is the song tutorials. Towards the bottom of the navigation bar, click on "songs." He's got a whole list of lessons on how to play various popular songs. Each lesson has an accompanying video, where he breaks down everything you need to know slowly and in a way that even guitar newcomers can understand.

He's got great material on improving your technique, learning to improvise, what and how to practice, all sorts of cool stuff.

Since I don't take private lessons on guitar (would love to, but an unpaid internship makes that a bit difficult currently), his website is the first place I go to when I have a question or am struggling with something.

So check it out! Learn something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment