Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mega Boomwhacker!




In case you didn't know, taping 3 Boomwhackers together gives you 1 giant mega-bass boomwhacker. Awesome.

Today was my 1st day flying solo, as my supervisor was gone for national conference (which, may I point out, that all these #AMTA10 posts on Twitter are making me quite jealous. Y'all need to knock that off.) So it was all Mr. Andrew running the show today. And I must say, I'm pretty proud of how it went!

Now granted, all we were doing was rehearsing our holiday show material, so I didn't really have to do a lot of planning. However, in some ways this was more difficult. Each class is doing 2 songs in the performance, and our sessions are 45 minutes. So this basically means we spend 20 minutes on each song, and this has been going on for several weeks. That means repeating the song over, and over, and over, and over...for 20 minutes. Try keeping a class of students with Autism or emotional behavioral disorders on task on the same song for that many repetitions. I'd say I did pretty well for my 1st time running the show. Pat on the back, Andrew.

4 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying following your blog via GoogleReader. My name is Elise, and I am a music therapy intern working with adults at the Life Enrichment Center of Milledgeville, GA.

    Ironically, I joined you today in 'flying solo'!
    How much longer do you have left in your internship? I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Elise! My last day is officially April 1st, but it will probably end up being a few days before that, as I will be going to Regional conference.
    How about you, when do you finish up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to make you jealous with the #amta10 tweets! Maybe you'll be at the Atlanta conference next year?

    ReplyDelete