Thursday, December 9, 2010

Time flies...

Time has been flying by at my internship. Between all the work that comes with interning and trying to apply for graduate school at the same time, I can't even believe how quickly the weeks have passed by.

Some updates: This past Friday I had my mid-term evaluation. It went very well. Lots of constructive comments and some great "feel-good" compliments. A nice little pep talk.

This Monday I also had my first day taking over the full case load of students at one of my schools. This also went very well. I was a bit worried that it would totally drain all my energy, but so far I like it more than just leading half of the classes. It allows you to get into a rhythm better, and the day flew by. It's kind of like when a football team uses two quarterbacks. The criticism there is that your QB can never get in a good rhythm and doesn't play as well. With leading every class I felt like I fell into a groove and sessions had a great flow to them. Hopefully that continues.

Today my supervisor was ill, so I was able to go to a school that I don't normally see (one of my co-intern's schools) and watch them go caroling. About 12 special needs pre-school students went to an assisted living facility down the road to sing holiday songs for the residents. Needless to say, this was beyond adorable. It was a really cool thing to watch, because you're really providing therapy for two very different populations at the same time. The students benefit, and the seniors at the facility also reap the benefits. Very fun.

Stay tuned later tonight for a VERY exciting post, something I've been anticipating for a while now.

No comments:

Post a Comment