Monday, April 11, 2011

Reevaluation

When I started this blog, I set aside several goals I wanted the blog to address (as any good music therapist should). Now, at the conclusion of my internship, I think it'd be appropriate to reevaluate these goals and see how I did addressing these goals (again, as any good music therapist should).

A quick review:

1) To serve as a resource for other music therapy interns providing information on all topics concerning this population. I plan on covering everything from activity ideas to finding housing to cheap and easy dinner recipes.
2) To serve as a personal collection of my experiences during my internship. Daily experiences, thoughts, and lessons learned.
3) To serve as a resource for professional therapists. I am most definitely a "newbie" in the field, but hey, sometimes the perspective of a newcomer can be enlightening. At least that's my hope.
4) To provide information and insight about music therapy for those unfamiliar with the field.
5) To hopefully be entertaining. Something fun to read.

So how did I do?

1) I believe my blog served other interns well, but perhaps in a different capacity than I anticipated. I didn't end up writing about finding housing or easy recipes, but I did offer several activity ideas, songs I wrote, and a narration of how my internship was going (which I hope provided a first-hand glimpse of what being an intern is like.)
2) I feel I addressed this goal best out of all the goals I had in mind. My only regret is that I didn't update more frequently, but just about every blogger out there wishes that I think.
3) That's a goal that's difficult for me to evaluate, simply because (until very recently) I wasn't a professional. I did get a lot of great positive feedback from professionals, so hopefully I accomplished this goal.
4) While I didn't quite get into definitions of music therapy, I think I offered an easy to understand view of music therapy, and I know some of my friends who may not know a great deal about music therapy followed the blog, so I'll count this goal as accomplished as well.
5) Again, I think I lost points on this one just by not updating frequently enough. But I hope y'all were entertained.

As mentioned previously, the future of this blog is still under consideration. I've enjoyed writing it too much to stop, I'll just have to have a change of direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment