Friday, January 14, 2011

"I Like Counting By Two's" piggy back song



Giving my first video post a shot! Apologies for the poor sound quality, all I have to use is the microphone on my webcam.

This is a piggy back song I wrote for working on counting by two's. Here are the lyrics for the song:

I like counting by two's!
It feels alright
Skipping every other number
Counting pairs is out of sight
Yeah!

2, 4, 6, 8, then there's 10
12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22 it's true
I like counting by two's!

I like counting by two's!
It's my favorite thing
Look at all these even numbers
Makes me want to get up and sing
Yeah!

2, 4, 6, 8, then there's 10
12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22 it's true
I like counting by two's!
I like counting by two's,
I like counting by two's!

(Bridge)

I like counting by two's!
It feels alright
Skipping every other number
Counting pairs is out of sight
Yeah!

2, 4, 6, 8, then there's 10
12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22 it's true
I like counting by two's!
I like counting by two's,
I like counting by two's!

These are the video's I used to learn the guitar parts:

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice Andrew. I love it! I will definitely have to borrow it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was totally singing along with you, Andrew, and yelling "Hey!" at the appropriate parts (of course)! Hope the ice has melted, and you're able to get back to school-land and interning away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this one! I love writing songs using the melody of 'hip' tunes that clients and staff will know. I added more verses to your songs - I have a specific client struggling with multiplying, so I wrote for instance, "Two times five equals 10, Yes that's right, let's do it again." That with your catchy chorus, some visuals, and we've got a great interventions!

    Brianna, MT-BC Cincinnati, OH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brianna, I LOVE that! I may steal that idea in the future. Thanks for reading!
    Roia, yes, the ice has melted and we're back hard at work. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete