Friday, January 28, 2011

"Parts of the Cell" by Andrew Littlefield

Last week, I got a request from the teacher of my 5th grade EBD class. She asked that I write a song or rap about the parts of a cell and their function. "Hmmm," I thought, "tall order."
But ta-da! Here it is! A few students in the class have mentioned to me that they like Lil Wayne, so I took the beat from his song "A Milli" off the album "Tha Carter III" (which, in my eyes, wins the award for best album cover in the last decade.)

Enjoy!



6 comments:

  1. This is stellar... and I feel like I would have done better in science with this song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT Andrew! Love to hear you rap, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, excellent job as using the students' preferred music! I'm impressed. I am slightly proficient at garageband, but I wouldn't have known how to get a loop like that from a Lil Wayne song. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Caylyn!
    It's easier than you think: just google search "Lil Wayne A Milli instrumental mp3" or whatever other song you're looking for, and you can usually find a good one on the first page.

    ReplyDelete