Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winter break and snow days

It's been an eventful few weeks since my last update.

At the end of last semester, one of my schools had a holiday program. This was quite the experience. I wrote about rehearsing some of this show back in November. It was very exciting to see it all come together. As you can imagine, it was also interesting trying to get about 50 student with special needs on the same page at times, but in the end it was perfect. My parents even got to come to one of the performances too, which was great.

Over Christmas break, I got to experience my first white Christmas. My parents recently moved to North Georgia, and we got about 3 inches of snow Christmas morning, which was a blast.

This semester started on a Wednesday, which made for a short week. Then this past Sunday, we got 5 inches of snow over night! This resulted in school being cancelled both Monday and today (Tuesday). Yesterday, my roommates and I had a blast trying to make sleds out of whatever we could find in the garage, making snowmen, and generally behaving like 8 year olds in the snow.

We'll see if I can get out tomorrow, but the news just said the ice could be even worse in the morning, so it may end up being a veeerrrry short week.



1 comment:

  1. I doubt we will even be back in class on Thursday. We need a heat wave and lots of salt trucks!!!

    ReplyDelete