Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pep Talk

Quick update tonight. Time is flying by.

I had a great day today. Lately, I've been feeling like everyday I've been improving. I don't mean that to sound cocky, but I feel like at the end of the day I can look back and pinpoint what I did and learned that made me a better music therapist than when I started. It's an awesome feeling. It's like when you first notice the results of a work out program or diet.

I realize everyday won't be like this. In fact there will probably be days or whole weeks where I feel the exact opposite of what I feel now. But for now, I'm just enjoying the progress.

I've heard both former FSU coach Bobby Bowden and current coach Jimbo Fisher say this: "You're either getting better or getting worse. You never stay the same." I like that. It's tough to stick to sometimes, it's always easy to fall into a routine and be happy with the status quo. Trust me, it's something I struggle with frequently. So I'm going to make my best effort to keep up the progress, even when it gets a lot more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment